I thought Thanksgiving Day would be an appropriate time to launch the new-and-improved version of my little blog, so here it is! What do you think? I’m working daily to be more intentional in all I am, from thoughts to words to the things I do. Big or small, I’m trying to take every moment, and make it count, to not just let the days slip slide away into a blur of ‘where-did-the-time-go?’ memories.
I chose Thanksgiving Day to begin again, because I want to be thankful in all I do. I have been abundantly blessed, and I want to give thanks for everything I’ve been given. To do so, I am joining with Ann Voskamp’s Gratitude Community in counting thankfulness for one thousand things and beyond.
Just the beginning of my counting of thanks:
1. A beautiful life, blessed beyond measure
2. A husband, strong and sure, to love and be loved by
3. A long legged boy, who grows so fast, and keeps me wondering, ‘How was it only yesterday when you slept above my heart, wrapped in my arms?’
4. A littler boy, also growing fast, always ready with a laugh, a joke, an a smile to melt my heart
5. Family by blood, and family through marriage, each one a blessing
6. Parents living near, a most wonderful gift
7. A mother-in-law who is a sweet 2nd mom
8. A house to call our own and keep us safe and warm
9. Friends nearby to share laughter and struggles
10. Business to keep us working and fed, and blessed far beyond basic needs
What blessings are you thankful for today?